March 29th, 2014
|09:45 am - Twenty-Nine Things on March 29|
1) It rained overnight, a good hard half-inch of rain, and more is coming.
2) On Master Danger's and my walk this morning, the sidewalks were still wet -- and pollen-drenched as well.
3) It was a dog traffic jam at the park, with seven of the neighborhood dogs on the southern sidewalk at the same time.
4) Master Danger, while panting and over-excited, was actually pretty well-behaved for him, as one neighbor remarked.
5) Baby steps, friends, baby steps.
6) Master Danger is affectionately demanding these days, thanks to his new-found addiction to neck scritches.
7) (Apparently he's got a few itches. He too has allergies.)
8) Anyway, he's perfected a certain boneless slump against my leg and a lordly inclination of his head to indicate where he wishes more scritching.
9) He's an asshole.
10) In other news, I am loving the new Prince song (with Zooey Deschanel) -- "FallInLove2Nite".
11) Horns! His 80s "Camille" falsetto! Electronic dance beats! Hurrah!
12) To be fair, I also like Zooey Deschanel. Her work with M. Ward in She and Him is comfort listening for me.
13) (This song isn't anything like She and Him.)
14) I am seeking comfort these days -- emotional and physical.
15) I am also seeking an Ines de la Fressange vibe for my spring/summer attire, working mostly with what I already have.
16) Flat shoes! Long and lean silhouettes!
17) But I should work out hard for a month or so before I attempt to look long-and-lean.
18) The McVities Dark Chocolate digestive biscuits currently reposing in my fridge need to stay there, in other words.
19) I am also on a clearing-my-wardrobe kick.
20) However, I am NOT going to be as minimalist as something like the Project 333 capsule wardrobe requires.
21) Because, no.
22) I also am still doing small jobs of interior refreshment, if that's a phrase I can use, around my house.
23) Regarding the spray-painted TV stand I've previously mentioned -- here it is, in very dim light.
24) I'm not an interior designer, obvs. But I am pleased with the project nonetheless.
25) Now I'm off to work out, run errands, and then work at home.
26) Possibly a glass of wine tonight, too, thunderstorms permitting.
27) And writing.
28) But first, let's dance to Prince some more. [dances]
29) May your day be full of all good comforts!
That is a wonderful list. So glad for that boneless slump of his...charming that he might possibly maybe could be mellowing! (And yes, rain, and humid, and yellow pollen all over everything anyway.)
hugs, on this pretty weekend!
He MIGHT be mellowing. MIGHT. ;)
Cheers and good things on this rainy Saturday. Hugs!
33 items!? I have perhaps 333 to sort thru and discard maybe 3/4ths. I'd love to be long and lean, too, but no...
Give Master Danger a neck-scritch from me.
I have at least 33 scarves alone, and I'm not getting rid of any of them! :)
Master Danger and I thank you! Happy Saturday to you.
I think I may have you beat on the scarves front. ;)
[whispers] I have more than 33 scarves, easily.
|Date:||March 29th, 2014 03:04 pm (UTC)|| |
I like that, may I borrow it?
The phrase is free to anyone who wishes to use it. :)
Hugs and refreshment to you!
Yay Prince and well-behaved Master Danger!
Both are lovely, and the latter is possibly a miracle. :)
Cheers, hugs, and solid ground, Gwynne!
That man never ages! Great song. And good dog.
And long and lean is in the cut of the clothes--go ahead and have more wine!
Prince really DOESN'T age. It's sort of astounding!
Cheers, and a great Saturday evening to you!
In what world can a person have just 33 items? And count flip-flops as being one of them? What does she wear to do laundry or when everything's at the dry cleaner? No.
The grocery store played some Cat Stevens while I was shopping and now I think I have to watch Harold and Maude.
Scritch the dangerous one for me.
I cannot fathom the 33-item wardrobe myself. But I could do better than I do. ;)
I know how much you love Harold and Maude. Follow your bliss!
Hi, I have to apologize for falling off the face of the earth and missing a bunch of posts. Life has been a challenge lately, let's say.
I will have to look up the new Prince song. I am not a fan of Zooey though, I have to admit I cannot stand her whole twee shtick. I have never heard her music though, so I may be missing something.
I am totally with you on the long and lean with flats. Hell, I have been trying to achieve that pretty much my whole life, and failing because 5'6" isn't really long. But I aim for a reasonable facsimile thereof. Unfortunately my whole fitness program will be interrupted by a week spent visiting my parents, but afterward I will be back on my whole spring-summer fresh food and fresh air system aimed towards achieving better health, I hope.
((Hugs)) Your posts are always so delightful.
I'm so sorry life has been a challenge for you. Hugs hugs, and here's to your spring-summer healing and health! Sending the best of thoughts your way!
I am EATING THAT SONG UP! Thanks!
Hurrah, Bead! And I hope you had a fabulous birthday. :)
I suspect many of us actually have capsule wardrobes without realizing it...there's just a lot of extra stuff in the closet we don't actually wear...
I have a friend whose rule of thumb for grabbing clothes in case of fire is whatever is in her laundry hamper because she knows that is what she truly wears.
Have I mentioned how I love your lists lately? Rainkatt and I had a lovely day of yarn splurging interspersed with cloudburst and sun. We are now back to the 'net and bubbly. Wish you were here! ::raises flute I your honor::
Hee, yes -- but I do wear more than 33 items. :)
I am SO glad that you and Rainkatt are having a fab day! Hugs and more Champagne for you both!
Good list :) I hope you had a good weekend.
Happy Sunday, T! Hope you're feeling a touch of spring even where you are. :)
|Date:||March 30th, 2014 05:29 pm (UTC)|| |
Yay for Danger progress:)
Of course he was a bit less pleasant THIS morning, but truly, one lives day by day. ;)
Cheers and hugs, L!