May 11th, 2015
|03:50 pm - A month of posts, Day #1|
So I've not been posting due to work-avalanches etc etc, but now I have a very small breathing space, so I'm back. I know you were all worried. ;)
Eleven things on 11 May:
1. Yesterday I worked out in the yard again for an hour, at the end of which a thorny vine which did not wish to be cut down flung itself in my direction. The sharp end of the vine somehow slid underneath my sunglasses and scratched the outside of my eyelid.
2. This was less than pleasant.
3. On the other hand, I used that small ouch to justify lying around and reading old paperbacks for much of the afternoon.
4. This sloth only happened after an hour of washing out my eye, applying ice, and taking a Benadryl, however.
5. Master Danger was no help at all, instead coming to stand by the loveseat on which I was draped and shedding petulantly in my direction.
6. I watched Pride yesterday, finally. (The film starts from a true story -- a small group of gay and lesbian activists from London begin supporting a small Welsh village of miners during the 1984 miners' strike -- and hits some unusual notes as well as the expected chords in telling the tale.)
7. I enjoyed it, and I really really enjoyed the soundtrack.
8. That having been said, we don't need the politics of the 80s back. We really really don't.
9. That also having been said, maybe it's time to rewatch Ashes to Ashes.
10. Also, possibly, Ripper Street, for the Keeley Hawes-Matthew MacFadyen double-shot. Or, perhaps, just rewatch Spooks Series 1-3. :)
11. I am taking suggestions for topics for the next month of posts, by the way. Comment with a word, theme, or question if you care to!
May it be a lovely end of this May Monday for you.
"Shedding petulantly in my direction" is my favorite line of the day.
Hugs to you, and wishes for storms.
You know it's a true line, too! Because Master Danger is just that dog.
Cheers and hugs!
Sorry about the eyelid scratch!
Adding Pride to my Netflix queue...
Pride is delightful. :)
Cheers and hugs!
Ouch! for the eyelid. I'm very glad it was the outside, though. Hope it's healing well by now.
And I would really love to see Pride. Amazon Prime seems to be charging for it, but not as much as I'd pay to see it in a theater. If my new repeater gets the wifi signal upstairs, that may be a plan! Thanks for reminding me about it.
Can't come up with a suitable theme--nostalgia? premonitions? I seem to have the passage of time on my mind.
The eyelid is better. We persevere. :)
And variations of time will be a great theme -- thank you.
Cheers and a fabulous day to you!
Ouch! I hope your eye is okay.
I started watching Ripper Street, I should give it another go sometime.
The eyelid is now fine, just barely scratched. La la, Florida is a dangerous place. ;)
Cheers and good watching, whatever you choose!
|Date:||May 11th, 2015 10:26 pm (UTC)|| |
Ouch, how scary! I'm glad your eye was unhurt. Master Danger, you should be a comfort to your human in her hour of need, not a source of further annoyance.
Master Danger replies, "Be a comfort? Me? Not in my job description."
Cheers and hugs to you!
I hope your eye gets well soon, mate.
It's already much better. I suspect my bad reaction at the time was made worse by allergens!
[hugs hugs] Happy Tuesday!
Lying around reading old paperbacks is a comfort and a remedy for a lot of life.
My first cat, Morgan, had the ability to projectile shed. I could never get a good photo, but when the light hit just right it was an amazing sight.
Projectile shedding IS a thing! Master Danger does it with malice aforethought, too.
I loved Pride and need to watch it again. Also Ashes to Ashes.
I really did enjoy Pride! So well done. :)
Happy Friday to you!