May 26th, 2015
|06:35 pm - Bullet Points, No Theme, Post #13|
1) Oh, man, I hope this isn't a summer cold.
2) What with the stuffiness and the sore throat and the earache.
3) Let's think about other things.
4) Perhaps last week's news that 37-year-old Maggie Gyllenhaal was told she was too old to play a 55-year-old actor's love interest.
5) Let us all blink slowly in unison at that madness.
6) On the other hand, we might get River Song back to Doctor Who. Per Steven Moffat, he has been rethinking his no-more-River position: he told Russell T Davies that River's story was done, to which (according to Moffat) RTD said, "'You can't be done with River! No, no, no. Capaldi and Kingston, it's a sex storm!’"
7) As they say elsewhere on the internet, Where Is the Lie in that.
8) To switch topics entirely, I think I'm the first person in the history of ever to actually kill mint.
9) It's invasive, they said. Keep it watered and it will take over the world, they said. And yet my poor little plant looks sicklier by the day.
10) Let us think reviving thoughts -- for me, for Hollywood attitudes, for River, for the mint plant, and for all of you who need them.
Hi hi hi! [hugs]
Am so glad to see you here, Rainkatt. Feel better soonest!
|Date:||May 26th, 2015 11:33 pm (UTC)|| |
Hugs, tea, whatever you need to recover quickly.
There is no such thing as too much River Song.
I wholly agree re River Song! :)
Hugs and a lovely day to you, A.
LOL. I killed mint, once. It can get some fungus, I think.
I have to go see to my balcony, everything is sitting in INCHES of water.
Stay safe in all the rain y'all have had! I hope some of your balcony plants can be saved. Happy Wednesday!
I killed a chocolate mint.
(It just started raining. Again.)
I am glad that I am not the only mint-killer. Mine is an orange mint plant. :)
Cheers, hugs, and a v. large umbrella for you! Stay safe!
Rusty is wise:) All the River.
Get well soon, mate.
Fingers crossed that RTD's opinion has made an impact on Teh Moff!
[hugs hugs] Happy day to you!
I think I have also killed mint, but probably mainly by pulling it up while weeding madly in the spring. But possibly too much water can be a problem?
Capaldi and Kingston sex storm, I'm ready for that!
And hope that's just a passing allergy. Ugh, summer colds.
Re mint: according to multiple online sources, the problem could be too much water or too little, or too much shade or too little. So the internet research elsewhere has been helpful. ;)
Cheers and peace to you today!
Well, how is it that I have never really envisioned Capaldi and Kingston? And yet now I can't stop envisioning it. #fangirl
I hope that is not a cold you're feeling. That would probably be a lingering one. Boo.
Also, re mint: I have killed mint. It can be done. But it is hard. :) Whatever you're doing, stop. Move the mint to a shady spot where it can get rain and leave it alone. If that doesn't work, then I'll supply you with immortal mint. Truly, I have some. (I've had it for 20 years and I've tried to kill it many times.) Damn thing won't die.
Hugs from cross county on this unbearable hot Wednesday! Edited at 2015-05-27 01:31 pm (UTC)
I've envisioned Capaldi and Kingston together rather a lot, actually. ;) But I didn't think we'd actually be so blessed! [fingers crossed]
I am afraid I might kill your mint as well. Let me see how it does if we ever do get rain, which might be never....
Cool breezes and shade to you today! Hugs!
I do hope it's not a cold either. Blech.
AND YES, for the reviving of all!
::sends you the good tissues::
Hugs and reviving thoughts sent your way!
(Thanks for the tissues, as I just ran out.)
Hope you're feeling better.
Maintaining, at least. :)
Cheers and a great Thursday to you!