September 5th, 2015
|10:39 am - Saturday Joys, Post #55|
Things of the happy today:
1) the noticeable change in the angle of the sun. Even though it's still hideous summer here, autumn's coming!
2) so much ice in my iced tea. (See: hideous summer still.)
3) The Man from U.N.C.L.E. soundtrack, which got me through two work-afternoons-without-caffeine this week.
4) No backsliding on my reduction of Diet Coke consumption! Hurrah me.
5) The oscillating fan in my living room. (See: hideous summer still.)
6) Delving into my CDs and listening to Nina Simone all week.
7) Master Danger cuddling --by his choice --for the hitherto unheard-of time of 1 minute.
8) Scheduled allergy testing in the future.
9) The delicious mead (v. low-alcohol) at a local drinking establishment, and visiting with dear friends last evening as I drank.
10) Ordering replacement riding boots for my autumn-winter-into-spring wearing pleasure.
What's of the happy for you today? May there be an abundance.
|Date:||September 5th, 2015 03:11 pm (UTC)|| |
Well done on the Diet Coke reduction.
It's hard to keep up, but thank heavens for good tea as a substitute. :)
Cheers and hugs!
I saw The Man from U.N.C.L.E. on your recommendation, and I loved it. I'm telling everyone.
HURRAY! I am so glad you saw it and liked it. [beams]
Hugs and a good Saturday!
A delicious egg & bacon sammich on pretzel bagel
A cup of Bangkok mix green tea
Jurassic Park on morning television
Cooler temps (but surprisingly humid after last night's storm!) - yes, the sun is starting to move to the south!
Oh, that egg and bacon sammich sounds delicious. :)
Hurrah for cooler temps for you, and hugs for your day.
|Date:||September 5th, 2015 08:31 pm (UTC)|| |
Yay Nina Simone!
Autumn cannot come soon enough for me at this point...
Autumn autumn autumn! Where do we want it? Here! When do we want it? NOW.
|Date:||September 5th, 2015 11:48 pm (UTC)|| |
That's an excellent list.[hugs]
Thanks! And hugs for your day!
Getting my car window replaced, and getting to watch the work. It was amazing.
That there was no one at all in the office when I went into my part time job this morning. Four hours of working in total silence!
How reduced is your Diet Coke consumption?
Oh YAY for the car window replacement! And yay for silence when you want it. :)
(My Diet Coke consumption has been cut by 1/3. It's a work in progress.)
Hugs hugs, and a great Sunday!
Yay for a perceptible about-to-be change of seasons, less diet coke, and cuddling from the young Master.
Mead, man. It's an acquired taste, right?
I wouldn't like the usual mead, I suspect, but this is local, specially crafted, fermented mango and chenin blanc, made by a woman who's been experimenting with all sorts of flavors. :)
Cheers and hugs for your long weekend, H_P!!
Honey mead is just about the only alcoholic beverage I ever enjoyed drinking, as opposed to merely tolerated. But well, it's made of honey, so that explains it.
Go you for reducing diet Coke consumption! How much do you normally drink?
Yay for new boots and autumn! It's almost time for scarves, too. And felt wide-brimmed hats. :)) ((hugs))
Hee for your love of honey (mead). :) This particular maker does all sorts of amazing flavors in her meads, including a chocolatey one. (I like the mango, personally.)
I will only say that I still drink too much Diet Coke. But baby steps, baby steps.
I am already breaking out the scarves, despite it still being summer! And I just sorted through my turtleneck sweaters in preparation for...er, November.