October 12th, 2015
|07:15 pm - Monday List, Post #67|
1) For a variety of reasons, I am drowning in work and Stuff this week.
2) This being so, of course I lost almost two hours yesterday to reading Finn/Liz fanfic for the short-lived Channel 4 TV show Babylon.
3) For visual reference: Finn/Liz, aka B Carvel and Brit Marling. He begins the series as a COMPLETE SHITWEASEL, but by the end he is a far more nuanced, principled, conflicted shitweasel who puts aside pettiness to do a Right Thing in the final ep; she begins the series as a golden American PR goddess brought in to the Met to build a culture of "transparency," but as the series goes on, it actually becomes clear that she too is an UNBELIEVABLE SHITWEASEL. These two are clearly made for each other.
4) And one of the fics I read was just awesome, if you like established-relationship fics that feature v.v. funny and broken people, which I do.
5) Still, I should have been working.
6) The gif-set linked in 3) uses lyrics from one of my v.v. favorite songs, Jason Robert Brown's "Someone to Fall Back On". (Which, sekrit to Stateless82 and MobileALH, will be motivating as I go back to that project you know about.)
7) Tonight I'll probably read a Henry James spooky story or two.
8) Turn of the Screw next week, I think.
9) Or maybe I'll just work some more.
10) Here's a thing, though: last week was British Wool Week on Savile Row, and Grey Fox went and took pictures. The top photograph makes me ridiculously happy.
May your Tuesday be full of great good things.
|Date:||October 12th, 2015 11:45 pm (UTC)|| |
Everyone needs a break now and again. I hope you have a good rest of the week! [hugs]
Hugs and a good day to you, A!
Yay spooky stories in October! :)
All the pictures make me happy, but you're right, the top one wins!
You can't beat a sheepdog, sheep, and a London street. :)
Cheers for your week in progress!
|Date:||October 13th, 2015 06:55 pm (UTC)|| |
It's a fun photo:)
It's just so happy-making.
I'm not familiar with Jason Robert Brown, so that was fun!
Sheep! Sheep! And sheepdog. :)
I'm not a huge fan of musicals, as you know, but I think Jason Robert Brown is pretty amazing.
LOVE British Wool Week....what a wonderful photo!
And we are home again, home again after a v. v. successful bookfair with a short breather before the next ones. \o/
My next spooky book might be Uncle Silas which I just got in an illustrated Folio edition. I need to wallow in Le Fanu for a bit.
Meanwhile, hugs and cheers for that sooper-sekrit project!
Hurrah hurrah for wool, good bookfairs, and great scary classics!