May 8th, 2016
|02:50 pm - Tripping Over Self, Post #28|
On May 8:
1) My rock-and-succulents bed has been installed in my front yard, and it is a joy to behold...
2) ...If one likes succulents and rocks, as I do. My geologist father has never been prouder of me, I do believe, now that I have proper rocks.
3) "Everyone should have rocks," he says.
4) I have been tripping all over myself these past few days, literally and figuratively.
5) So let's look at that Anthony Armstrong-Jones aka Lord Snowdon photo which I thought was called "Disaster at Victoria" because of the Vogue at 100 NPG show but which in Snowdon: A Life in View is entitled Banana Skins. I love it so very much. (Thanks, person on Flickr for uploading a scan of it.)
6) I have binge-watched Season 2 of Grace and Frankie. V.v. good if you like that sort of thing.
7) I am obsessed by The Night Manager.
8) I am at the last item of today's list.
May your Sunday be full of good things.
I'm glad you're loving The Night Manager and hope you get to see the new Hollow Crown soon.
SO MUCH LOVE for the Night Manager.
But I am baffled by there not being even one fic for a prequel romance for Burr and Steadman. (I love Olivia Colman and David Harewood's scenes together.)
Also, T Menzies is SO cute and SO obviously rotten.
Lastly, Hiddleston and Laurie look so much like son and father to me, it freaks me out a little.
Cheers and hugs to you!
|Date:||May 8th, 2016 09:28 pm (UTC)|| |
It is very easy to be obsessed with The Night Manager :)
Ridiculously easy! So many great characters (and actors), so twisty! :)
Cheers and hugs to you, K.
Yay rocks and succulents! :-)
They're so delightful to have! :)
Hugs and a good Monday.
We've been saving The Night Manager...obviously time to get on with it!
Today was all about small technology issues that sadly take just as long as the big ones (but at last I figured out how to turnthe ringer off for the bedroom phone, yay!)
Our holiday starts on Wednesday ...counting the minutes.
The Night Manager is All That. It is everything it was advertised to be. Two thumbs up.
Where are you holidaying? Yay for escapes! :)
4 plays in Ashland (the only one I can recall at the moment is "Great Expectations"), then a few days on the coast of Oregon with rainkatt and then up to Portland to hit Powells and visit bookseller friends. We are SO ready.
Hugs and I'll deliver one to rainkatt for you!
|Date:||May 9th, 2016 04:45 am (UTC)|| |
An excellent list!
Thanks and hugs sent your way!
I so love your succulent garden. Your father is quite right. Everyone should have rocks.
I had somehow missed that La Tomlin and La Fonda were already available--thank you for letting me know! Adding it to my list to bingewatch...oh, boy, not long now..
Happy Monday, L! Hugs!
The second half of the season of Grace and Frankie is still funny but darker in some really interesting ways. But it's all great.
Cheers, hugs, and a good Monday!
I still have to watch The Night Manager, I'm glad you liked it though :)
Still three episodes to go for me in The Night Manager. I'll be sad when it ends. :)
Cheers for your Monday! Hope you aren't getting any smoke from the Fort McMurray blaze.
We aren't getting any smoke yet. A really cool experimental webpage (firesmoke.ca) thinks we might get a little this time tomorrow.
I just want to thank Tom Hiddleston for his continued willingness to flaunt his body for the good of mankind. Including his cheekbones.
There was this one scene in the second episode where he was getting dressed and I thought of you -- total suit porn.
T Hiddleston's a giver, that's all we can say. Besides "thank you, Tom."
Everything in the Night Manager -- clothes, locations, mis en scene, acting -- is Exactly My Jam. Suits are just part of it!
Isn't it? :)
Happy day, Stevie.