November 22nd, 2012
|11:10 am - More Catching Up in the Month of Thankfulness|
Here in the rather chilly but sunshiny subtropics, it's Thanksgiving. I have made my pies to take to my friends' house, to the giant gathering they host every T-Day. It's their favorite holiday, they always say. It's easy to give thanks on a day of lots of food, lots of people spilling everywhere inside and out, good wine, good chat.
I've been irrationally gloomy the past few days, but today IS a good day to give thanks, and I'll keep my list going from my last post. (Strange numbering, yes. We move on.)
I am thankful for
13) Sweet text messages this morning from brother and brother-in-law.
14) Not forgetting the sugar-spice mixture in the pumpkin pie. (IT WAS CLOSE, OKAY.)
15) A red fuzzy throw to wrap myself in when it's cold in my house.
16) Pulling out an old CD at random from my stacks and finding myself awash in good sounds and good memories.
17) Placid black Angus cattle chewing thoughtfully in the next field over from the HUGE NEW CINEMA out in the middle of nowhere, next town over.
19) Breaking a block in my latest writing project.
20) A place to go today.
21) Enough money to help others (even if only in a small way).
22) Friends, face to face or online, here or there.
May your day be one to give thanks for!
|Date:||November 22nd, 2012 07:58 pm (UTC)|| |
Thank you, T! I know you celebrate Thanksgiving on another day, so... HAPPY THURSDAY! :)
|Date:||November 22nd, 2012 09:34 pm (UTC)|| |
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the pie. :-)
Hugs and a lovely holiday, Gwynne!
I'm grateful for you, all my friends and family, my husband of course, and artisan chocolate. ((Hugs))
And I am grateful for you, Nell! [hugs and good cheer on the day after]
|Date:||November 23rd, 2012 06:34 pm (UTC)|| |
I like your list.
I'm afraid mine is more on the "these bad things didn't happen" side (speaking of bad moods), but it's better than nothing, yes?
Hugs, and go you, block-breaking writer!
It is better than nothing, definitely.
Hugs and a lovely weekend to you!
Hooray for broken blocks, remembered ingredients, and places to go...
Heron_Pose! [hugs hugs]
Sending you all good thoughts for this weekend and sending you light and hugs. Thinking of you!
Hooray for #19
especially. I know I owe you feedback, but I'm re-reading from the beginning to see how it flows (very nicely, so far).
Also, we are finally home from the fall book fair mayhem, hooray,hooray!
Thank you, ALH, for many things, including this comment.
Cheers for the end of the book fair mayhem, and cheers and hugs for you!
Happy Thanksgiving weekend, C! [hugs]