October 28th, 2013
|05:09 pm - Monday musings|
1) Master Danger and I have recovered from our spill yesterday, and we thank you for your kind wishes.
2) Now I'm trying very hard not to get sick. "Feeling puny," my late mother used to call it.
3) I really wish Sleepy Hollow was airing tonight. But we persevere. Let's think cheery things.
4) Paul McCartney's video for "Queenie Eye" cheers me.
5) The cowboy boots I'm wearing cheer me.
6) Master Danger's fine annual checkup cheers me.
7) The cool mornings of the past few days have cheered me.
8) The Google Doodle today honoring Edith Head cheers me. (And I like this Guardian photo-collection of E Head costumes.)
And that's all I've got for now. May you have more to celebrate in your day!
Hee! Yep, feeling puny was what we always called it.
Did you ever hear "put the big pot in the little one" to indicate going whole-hog, or fancy, or all out? Engineer looked at me like I was nuts the first time I said that.
Also, take aspirin and GO TO BED!
I never heard the big pot-little one expression, but it's fun. :)
My father's famous expression is 'full as a tick,' which, GROSS, but extremely vivid!
Cheers to you, Cronopio, and a good Texas night.
|Date:||October 28th, 2013 10:30 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm glad you're both feeling better:)
It's been a busy Monday, and we need our strength, Master Danger and I. :)
Hugs and strength sent your way!
|Date:||October 28th, 2013 11:57 pm (UTC)|| |
Get some rest, feel better soon. *hugs*
And hugs and get-well thoughts sent your way, A!
Rest up! Love the collection of Edith Head costumes.
Edith Head and 50s/60s Hitchcock are so iconic! That collection reminded me. :)
Hugs and a good evening!
Yay cowboy boots!
They are yay indeed!
Hugs and happy GH-watching. :)
I think the cheeriest thing today was having a cup of tea and a miniature caramel apple Milky Way for a mid morning treat.
I'm glad you're feeling better!
Yay tea and chocolate! That sounds cheering indeed.
Hugs hugs, and a happy Tuesday!