February 8th, 2014
|09:34 am - 8 Things on February 8|
It is a day of rain and work here (with perhaps time to clean as well). That means, of course, that I am suddenly yearning for distraction from the many things I need to accomplish. ANYWAY, 8 Things:
1) I have a sudden mighty need to see Francois Truffaut's last film Confidentially Yours, a Hitchcockian homage starring Fanny Ardant.
2) It's only available via Hulu Plus, which I don't have.
3) So now I'm seriously contemplating signing up for Hulu Plus.
4) I'm also contemplating baking oatmeal-cranberry cookies.
5) Or possibly a tea loaf, as discussed in this Guardian "Ruby Bakes" column. (Steeping mixed fruit in Earl Grey. WHOA. That sounds kind of awesome.)
6) I should actually sit down and make a couple of to-do lists.
7) Or maybe I'll just gaze at gorgeous photos of Peter Capaldi instead. Because, really, BECAUSE. (I'm sorry, I've lost the power of speech.)
8) Okay, no, it's time to work. I'm going to play some Mod-era Who and use this on-set photo of the BAD-ASS Twelfth Doctor, "suited and booted" and ready for trouble as work-inspiration.... No, whoops, I'm distracted again, and so not thinking about work. So, so not thinking about work.
May you find good things to fill your Saturday! :)
The tea loaf sounds yummy, especially on a rainy day.
I am going to bake it after I finish the first page of the work project, as a reward. :)
Cheers and a great day!
|Date:||February 8th, 2014 03:24 pm (UTC)|| |
Steeping mixed fruit in Earl Grey. WHOA. That sounds kind of awesome.
It is extremely awesome, really enhances the flavour of the fruit and gives just a background hint of Earl Grey.
Peter Capaldi just gets hotter and hotter!
Your endorsement makes it definite: I'm baking a loaf this afternoon, as a reward for my work. :) Thanks for weighing in, K!
And Capaldi absolutely is getting hotter and hotter. :)
Hugs and a good day!
I still say that Capaldi looks like a punk Puritan. And that's a really good look.
To me, something about the lushness of the fabrics look too delicious to be a Puritan's garb. :) But the severity of the completely buttoned white shirt does support your reading!
Cheers, and stay dry on this wet day.
Those are some very good things.
I was thinking about Hulu Plus, too. They have some interesting things.
The fact that neither Netflix nor Amazon has the Truffaut films I'd like to watch is in fact a selling point -- and Hulu Plus also has a BBC connection. Hmmm....
Cheers and hugs!
I don't think I ever saw that Truffaut film.
The tea loaf sounds amazing!
The tea loaf is baking now. :) I don't know if it'll be good, but my kitchen smells deliciously of cranberries and tea!
Cheers and a great Saturday! [hugs]
|Date:||February 8th, 2014 11:17 pm (UTC)|| |
Tea Loaf is yummy:)
It turned out VERY WELL. :)
Cheers and hugs for you, mate!
Was going to say, I hope for the tea loaf, so I hope it turns out well.
And Mr. Capaldi! Did you see him in The Hour? I loved him in that, and I believe 12 may just get me back to Who again. Maybe.
I know, where have I been? Several long boring stories, but so happy to see this just as soon as I popped back in!
The tea loaf was excellent (although I used too much ginger, as I have a heavy hand with spices). I made it with half whole-wheat flour, so mine was probably denser, but mmmm, good. :)
P Capaldi and Anna Chancellor broke my heart in The Hour. They were wonderful.
|Date:||February 9th, 2014 02:40 am (UTC)|| |
Capaldi is going to take some time to grow on me, but I expect it'll be fine once I see him in action.
The tea loaf sounds delish. I look forward to a full report once you've baked and consumed it.
The transition between Doctors often takes a while.
I do recommend the tea loaf! I used half whole-wheat flour (as is my practice with making bread and biscuits), and it STILL turned out well.
Cheers and hugs!
Late to the partyas usual thanks to the second of the back-to-back book fairs, but we are home now and hoping for more rain...can you send us any of yours?
And thanks for the Capaldi pics...I've been jonesing for a Who-fix!
We've stopped raining (although a bit more is coming tomorrow). I DO wish for rain for you!
And hugs and cheers for your return home. :)