August 15th, 2014
|05:46 pm - 15 Things, August 15|
1) I have been inundated with work this past week, due dates and emails URGENT DO THIS and various other tasks flooding over my head.
2) I have tonight off, however, so yay!
3) I am working all weekend, however.
4) I have been so saddened by the news, domestic and foreign, and it has been a struggle to get through the days.
5) But there was good rain yesterday, and a rainbow this morning.
6) Master Danger has been almost pleasant the last few days, too -- although he needs a bath.
7) I need something indulgent right now that doesn't require money or calories.
8) A tricky thing to find, yes?
9) I might dance around to Clean Bandit's "Rather Be", which has been my dance jam the past few weeks. (Warning: The video is rather trippy.)
10) I might feast my eyes on pics of Peter Capaldi on the World Tour. Man, I love PCap.
11) Or I might just gaze at this photo of Sir Paul Smith, because yes.
12) I might practice saying today's OED phrase of the day. Nante palari! This, says the OED, is a slang imperative for "No talking!"
13) I might write a little.
14) And I shall smile, serene in the knowledge that I have posted at last.
15) May your weekend be overflowing with awesome things.
Yay rain! Yay almost pleasant Master Danger!
I am clinging to the memory of rain, because next week looks hot and dry (and yet humid, which seems so unfair). :)
Cheers, hugs, and a great Saturday!
|Date:||August 15th, 2014 11:43 pm (UTC)|| |
Huzzah for good rain and a rainbow after! [hugs and hopes for some relaxation time for you]
Rainbows for everyone! :)
I'm sorry to hear that you have to work all weekend, what a drag! I agree about the news; every day it goes from bad to worse, so I try to always find some cute animal photos and stories to look at afterwards. To cleanse the palate, so to speak. Some days that's not enough, unfortunately.
We've had a crazy hot summer -- breaking all sorts of records and resulting in ongoing forest fires, which apparently is the new normal -- so I'm enjoying these few days of grey overcast with a wee bit of rain.
My favourite guilt-free indulgence is watching Tiny House Nation
and daydreaming about having my own tiny house one day. Oh, and The Great British Bake-Off
even though it does leave me craving sweets!
I can't let myself avoid the news, but I need not to wallow in it. :(
Cheers and hugs and tiny houses for you! :)
Hurrah for sake and good weekends! Hugs to you, Rainkatt. :)
Hold hands, all of us, and we'll get through it.
Sir Paul Smith--age just works for some people.
You're right, Mamculuna. [hugs]
And yes, Sir Paul Smith looks so much *himself* -- it's delightful.
Too bad you have to work all weekend. Have fun on your night off though!
I managed to rest a bit, which is always a start. ;)
Cheers and a good Saturday, T!
|Date:||August 16th, 2014 10:07 am (UTC)|| |
I'm glad your're getting a break, even if it is a small one.
Hugs hugs, mate! 7 more days til the New Doctor!
Oh, The Capaldi tumblr is a thing of joy. Oh boy. Aug 23, hurry up and get here already.
An indulgent thing that requires neither money nor calories?? If such things exist, it will be you who finds them. As you did.
Sorry if I contributed to your work. :(
Capaldi is so unbelievably awesome. :)
Cheers and hugs!
Hugs and good thoughts right back to you, L!
Fabulous Capaldi images with such a range of expression...nice to see the mischief in there after all those stern images of him lately.
And yes! Rainbows for everybody!
Tea and Sympathy for the working weekend...
Yes, I want to see more Mischief!PCap, and I hope to see it in the show. :)
Cheers and hugs and tea to you, ALH.
Hey you -- I love your lists so much.
You are the kindest, H_P!
[all the hugs]
I hope this coming weekend is better than the last, even with classes looming.
Peter Capaldi is going to be awesome!
[breathes out] It will be!
Hugs hugs, my friend!