October 25th, 2014
|01:31 pm - Day #27, 30 Posts of Appreciation: 25 for 25|
(Apologies in advance for links to Pinterest, as I know that sometimes causes difficulties for those without an account.)
1. Today's weather is beautiful -- sun, cool north wind, comfortable walking-around weather.
2. It was even lovelier (and chillier) at dawn, when Master Danger and I went out.
3. Sunrise: pale blue sky, gold, pink-tinged clouds.
4. Errands have been done, and the pile of To Do items on my kitchen table has gotten smaller.
5. Am currently changing out my closets, spring/summer to autumn/winter.
6. Am also drinking herbal tea for allergies.
7. Master Danger, with extreme reluctance-wriggling-thoughts-of-snapping, has been bathed, and the dirty-dog funk in the house has lessened. He's blowing coat right now, so it's been a challenge.
8. Wore a tweed skirt this week, in honor of the season changing. I do love a good tweed.
9. Here's style blogger Grey Fox in Donegal tweed.
10. And Matthew McConaghey out in west Texas, with a coat that might be tweed.
11. I'd like to be in the Davis Mountains right now.
12. That having been said, I'm enjoying where I am today.
13. And I'm ready for tonight's Doctor Who, "In the Forest of the Night".
14. London and forests and fairy-tales, oh my!
15. What else am I enjoying? With only a touch of slight embarrassment (and not embarrassment-squick, which is surprising), I'm enjoying John Cho and Karen Gillan in Selfie.
16. I'm really, really, really enjoying John Cho just as a general principle.
17. In other news, it's finally cool enough to bake!
18. It will be either brownies or cornbread this afternoon. :)
19. I can't really go wrong either way.
20. Sorry to hear about the death of Jack Bruce.
21. Here, have some Cream -- "Badge".
22. So there we go.
23. Vistas, deep breaths, cleaner companions, treats of all kinds, music.
24. May you have 25 good things to celebrate today.
25. Yes, 25! :)
|Date:||October 25th, 2014 06:44 pm (UTC)|| |
- Husband watches Selfie
, too. In his case, the draw is Karen Gillan. I find the show annoying and cringe-inducing, but then, I feel the same if not more so about The Big Bang Theory
. Eh, tastes differ, and I'm glad you've found something that gives you pleasure.
Mmmm, brownies! And huzzah for clean dogs!
I wouldn't have thought I'd like Selfie, but I do. Blame John Cho. (And Karen Gillan has real comedy chops.)
That said, I don't watch The Big Bang Theory at all.
Cheers and hugs for your day!
A wonderful and inspiring post, L. 25 things to appreciate is a gracious plenty! (I'm appreciating D vacuuming the floors.)
Happy weekend, and best to TD.
Cheers and hugs and a good weekend to you!
|Date:||October 25th, 2014 09:58 pm (UTC)|| |
An excellent list. "Badge" is one of my favorite Cream songs.
I hadn't heard this particular live version until I went looking, and it's really awesome.
I'm finding myself adoring Selfie, just 'cause it's adorable -- there's no real substance (much like Eliza herself), but it's just so cute (and I love both John Cho and Karen Gillan to bits).
I baked today, too! (Although it really is still a bit too hot here in Phoenix.) I made "Gingerdead" Men (gingerbread cookie cutouts with skeletons stamped on them - I couldn't resist the cutter/stamp when I saw it!).
Hurrah for another Selfie viewer! :)
Cheers for baking -- the "gingerdead" men sound fab.
I was also surprised that I enjoyed Selfie. It's still a terrible title, though.
I've been watching the first season of True Detective, and am surprised at my enjoyment of that too. McConaghey and Harrelson are very good together.
Yes, the title is Not Good. Especially because the show seems to be evolving a little past its initial idea....
I need to watch True Detective.
Hugs hugs, and a good Sunday!
I vote for both brownies AND cornbread. Cornbread for dinner, brownies for dessert. ;) Seriously, I love cornbread. I really need to start gluten-free baking again and find a cornbread recipe sometime. I hope you' having a lovely evening ((hugs))
I decided against brownies, but the cornbread muffins were v.v. good.
Hugs! Happy Sunday!
Oh, Rainkatt, hugs for the move -- but CHEERS for it as well! What a great adventure to be on (especially once you're actually out of the apartment).
The pilot of Selfie has a cringeworthy opening, but it gets better.
Hugs hugs! Sending strength and good vibes your way!
Tweed and gorgeous men and good dogs and cool breezes. What a great list!
I had swans and blue skies and cypress trees turning red-gold.
And you inspire me to change my closet, too...sigh. The sad admission that summer is really gone. But time passes so fast, it'll be here again in no time.
Swans, blue skies, cypress trees -- a wonderful list!
Cheers for your Sunday, and lingering summer moments for you too. :)
Yay! for cool weather and tweed skirts.
Alas it's warm again -- but cool weather is coming. :)
Cheers to you! I hope it's a beautiful late October where you are.