November 18th, 2015
|08:39 pm - Grasping at Gratitude, Post #77|
Wednesday, moody and hoarse (because I'm losing my voice) -- but we persevere.
Ten Things To Be Thankful For:
1) A lovely half-glass of Sancerre, crisp and light, after dinner. (I didn't want any more than that. It was enough.)
2) Listening to the Wynton Marsalis and Willie Nelson 2007 collaboration Two Men with the Blues. Sample: "Basin Street Blues".
3) Speaking of New Orleans, a really fine episode of NCIS New Orleans this week, with a lovely found-family moment at the end.
4) A look at a new book with previously unseen photographs of Kate Bush.
5) My mother raising me well enough that when I was being horrendously upsold at a cellphone store, I politely excused myself and left without being as rude as I wanted to be.
6) The forecast says this HORRIBLE weather (September hot, again) will be done this weekend.
7) I finished two important tasks today, which was a near-run thing....
8) But an internet radio station tuned to Brasilian jazz got me through.
9) I managed to post something here.
10) Master Danger and I wish you a good slide into the end of your week.
Oh, I'm so glad your weather is about to break!
And here's wishing you a better day tomorrow.
Well, we're still waiting on the weather...
Cheers and hugs to you!
|Date:||November 19th, 2015 02:53 am (UTC)|| |
Glad you'll have better weather soon!
Sunday is now the day the weather will break.... [sigh]
Cool weather, and just enough of the good stuff!
Did you know next week is Thanksgiving? I did not. Couldn't figure out why everyone was talking about taking Wednesday off. Really need to start paying more attention.
Hee, I did indeed know next week is Thanksgiving, but then my dear friend who hosts the gathering has been sending out emails for two weeks... :)
Hugs hugs! Cool weather!
|Date:||November 19th, 2015 04:35 am (UTC)|| |
Those are ten good things.
Thanks, and a happy Friday to you and yours!
And I am thankful for your cheering list -- also glad to be home for the rest of the year after too much travel.
Hugs and wishes for more seasonal weather.
Yay for your safe return! Hope you get some time to enjoy your place (and hope the renovation is nearing completion, if not done).
Renovation still ongoing, but I expected that...windows almost all in...
Ah, the wine and the music sound lovely. And good manners! Hope you're soon cool and unhoarse.
Alas, I am now really sick. But there's a comfort in knowing that yes, I have a cold. ;)
Wine and music and good Friday things to you!
So sorry! I hope you recover completely and soon.
|Date:||November 19th, 2015 02:18 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm glad you have imminent cooler weather.
You should always ask for a discount in phone shops. They can always improve the deal.
You're right that I need to try to negotiate a deal! But when I feel better, I'll go to another shop instead of that one. :)
|Date:||November 19th, 2015 03:40 pm (UTC)|| |
Thank you for the heads-up on the KaTe book!
Oh, you poor dear, I hope you feel better soon!
Hurrah for Kate Bush! I hope you can listen to some good stuff in the next day or two.
WILLIE NELSON AND WINTON MARSALIS? How did I not know about this?
::hugs hugs and the return of your voice, soon::
There are Youtube videos of Marsalis, Nelson, and Norah Jones together. Good for what ails a person!
|Date:||November 19th, 2015 08:50 pm (UTC)|| |
I have to be very disciplined to have only a half glass of wine, so I applaud you :)
Wine, even good wine, is easy for me to drink sparingly. Champagne, on the other hand... :)
Cheers for your Friday!
Hugs, L. Hope you're on the mend.
Not so much better, actually. We persevere.
(I'll be at the noon meeting anyway.)
Hugs from a distance!
I admire your restraint with regards to both wine and manners. I'm not sure my mother raised me well enough...
I hope the cooler weather comes on schedule, and your cold goes away ASAP. ((Hugs))
Hugs hugs (belatedly), my friend!