November 24th, 2015
|01:01 pm - Persevering, Post #78|
1) In the past six days I've had the prelude to a cold, the actual cold, and now the post-cold feels-a-lot-like-bronchitis. So there's that.
2) I worked most days anyway. (Stupid, stupid, stupid.)
3) Otherwise, I languished at home, which Master Danger took as the BEST CHANCE EVER to aggressively bark at any and everything that might be considered threatening. Examples: lizard on the window, palm fronds in the wind, crows, trucks, the heating technicians at the neighbor's house, a cat somewhere....
4) I also watched the first episode of Jessica Jones on Netflix, and thought, "This is very well done. However, it's far too dark for where my head is right now."
5) Note: I then watched the first twenty minutes of Patrick Stewart and Kate Fleetwood in a modern-set production of the Scottish play (available via pbs.org), and thought, "Why did I feel that the Scottish play would somehow be LESS DARK than Jessica Jones??"
6) It might be time for a rewatch of the Tennant-Tate Much Ado.
7) From the British Fashion Awards: the Beckhams (David and Victoria) in tuxedos. So chic.
8) Also from that awards ceremony: Patsy and Eddie (aka Lumley and Saunders). Love love love.
9) It is a horribly sad time for the world. I light a candle for those in need of love and peace.
10) A candle is lit for you, too.
Oh, dear. I hope the holiday gives you an opportunity to rest up and regain your mojo. Also, I'm relieved that you are safe from crows and lizards.
Master Danger is always on Crow Patrol!
Happy day-before-Thanksgiving and onward, Cronopio.
Candles for you! Working while sick is noble, but may not what your poor lungs need.
TV/internet offerings do seem dark these days (maybe always)--a little Much Ado would be a great antidote. If the world's still a little dim after that, there are enough versions of it that you could do your own Beatrice and Benedict marathon. I wonder if it's the most filmed Shakespeare?
Hope your cold is soon completely gone.
Pretty sure Hamlet is the most filmed Shakespeare, but Much Ado has some good adaptations. I wish the Branagh one wasn't hard to come by!
Cheers, light, and a good Thanksgiving to you and yours.
|Date:||November 24th, 2015 07:03 pm (UTC)|| |
Sending Giles with tea and sympathetic hugs for the cold and I'll join you in the tea as I'mcurrently mid-cold myself.
It's always time for Tennant-Tate :)
I've been rewatching favorite Giles episodes this week, so your icon is appreciated even more than usual! :)
Hugs and tea for your own cold -- I hope you feel better soon!
|Date:||November 24th, 2015 07:30 pm (UTC)|| |
Feel better! Watch fluffy things!
I'm almost (but not quite) to Defcon Hallmark Holiday Movies. :)
Hugs hugs! Happy day before Thanksgiving!
|Date:||November 24th, 2015 09:54 pm (UTC)|| |
Hope you feel better and get some time for proper rest.
Thank you, and cheers for the middle of your week! Good things wished for you. :)
Sickness is no fun whatsoever...not entirely sure that barking Master Danger is entirely therapeutic, but then having an elderly incontinent cat, I am in no position to carp.
Hugs and much soothing tea, as well as thanks for the cheering fashion links!
I can say that barking Master Danger is NOT therapeutic, but he is not susceptible to logic or argument.
Hugs and good thoughts for your Thanksgiving!
|Date:||November 24th, 2015 10:10 pm (UTC)|| |
Get better soon, mate:)
Thanks, mate! Hugs and tea to you, and I hope your cold is going away.
|Date:||November 24th, 2015 11:50 pm (UTC)|| |
Hugs and light thoughts to you.
Hugs, better days, and a good Thanksgiving to you and yours.
It doesn't get much darker than the Scottish play. I vote for a screwball comedy, stat.
The Scottish play is always dark, but this production was OMG DARKest. :)
Hugs and a good Thanksgiving to you!
Happy about to be Thanksgiving!
Jessica Jones is very well done- though I've not seen the whole thing yet. Have you looked at Master of None yet? I'm thinking about trying it, it seems to be getting favorable headlines. (I haven't clicked to read the actual reviews.)
I hope you're feeling better.
I watched one episode of Master of None and thought it was okay. I hear it gets more interesting as it goes on. :)
And I will have to gear up and watch Jessica Jones all the way. (I kind of don't want to watch D Tennant be evil, but....)
((Hugs)) and a Happy, healthier Thanksgiving to you!
Oh, and the fashion awards pics are great...people run down Victoria Beckham but I like her style.
La Beckham is My Favorite. I mean, I get why people don't like her, but I think her public persona is delightful. :)
Cheers and hugs to you, my friend!