January 3rd, 2016
|06:37 pm - Beginning of the Year, Post #1|
My year has begun both inauspiciously and yet fine, and so why not do a little bit of light blogging and see where the day takes us....
1) The weather has broken. So has my heating.
2) Master Danger was possessed by the spirit of a fierce wolf or similar when the repairperson (who did not repair) arrived, making the poor person EXTREMELY NERVOUS even though I had Master Danger on a leash.
3) Baking has commenced, including one of the best loaves of banana bread I've ever made. Yay me.
4) As would be expected, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sherlock New Year's special, even while I acknowledge the dodginess of some of its storytelling.
5) Today's tea: Cure, a herbal mixture from Piper's Tea and Coffee. It's a preemptive strike on any viruses etc which might have come in with the cold weather. It's also delicious.
6) After re-potting hydrangea cuttings in much larger containers and placing them in a protected area in my back yard, I found new growth already. Fingers crossed that they thrive in their new place in this new year.
Cheers to all, and may you thrive in 2016!
Master Danger's name makes me smile every time I read it.
YAY for tea and banana bread. You don't share recipes, do you?
The banana bread is a standard recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens book on baking: I just tweaked it with a substitution of vanilla for lemon juice, and I added nutmeg and cinnamon because I like the spices. :)
Cheers and a lovely Monday to you!
|Date:||January 4th, 2016 02:09 am (UTC)|| |
Master Danger must protect his mistress!
We should be watching the Sherlock special this evening.
Master Danger is a territorial goofball, to be honest. :) But he DID look scary when he snarled. Poor repairman.
Cheers and hugs to you! Thinking of you this week!
oh, no- I hope the heat get fixed soon- and that whatever is wrong is easily fixed once another repair person comes by.
Banana bread is one of the great, good, things the world has to offer.
Sherlock left me confused- there were parts I really, really liked, but once it was done there was a lot of "huh?" when I thought about it. Even some of the parts I liked left me wondering what they were going for.
Yay! for new growth!
I suspect that the ultimate verdict will be a new HVAC unit. Alas, alas.
Sherlock will likely make more sense after a second viewing (or so I've seen in reviews and tweets), but it hung together well enough for me to enjoy it. My poor darling Mycroft, though...
Hugs hugs and joy to you!
Sorry about the heating woes.
Sherlock was a bit dodgy but fun!
Thank you! We persevere -- as a friend of mine says, my house hates me. ;)
Cheers and hugs!
|Date:||January 4th, 2016 02:47 pm (UTC)|| |
Having once been confronted by a snarling corgi I'm not surprised the repairman was nervous, but well done to Master Danger for protecting you, even if it might have led to the lack of repairs. Hope the heating is fixed soon.
Many hugs and good wishes for 2016!
Master Danger fancies himself quite the protector indeed. We probably need therapy to shake him of that mindset. ;)
Cheers and hugs to you!
Hooray for new growth! Also, good plan with the preemptive strike, coming from onein her second week of a seriously boring cold. At least I don't have to go in to an office and share the germs!
Fingers crossed for low-cost solution to the HVAC issues and HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Running late as always with the holiday greetings...)
Alas, it looks like a new heat pump will be required. Now I just have to get estimates...Sigh.
Sorry to hear that you're ailing! Begone to your cold, and hugs to you!
Banana bread is so yummy, I don't make it very often because we can eat it in one go. I'm hoping to see the Sherlock special at some point this week ::crosses fingers::
Banana bread is ridiculously good. I will have to make more tomorrow. :) (I still have half the last batch in the freezer, but 3 bananas are left and telling me they're ready to go.)
Cheers and a lovely start to your week!
And a happy New Year to you!
Cheers and all good wishes. :)