February 21st, 2016
|01:36 pm - 5 More Minutes of the Gratitude Thing, Post #12|
1) Well, thank fuck that week is over.
2) And thank fuck Master Danger has stopped barking.
3) (The weather is warm enough to have the windows open, but that means he is KEENLY AWARE of all sounds -- birds, distant sirens, the yappy dog next door, cars, motorcycles a block away, etc etc -- and he MUST TELL ME ABOUT THEM.) (Still, the weather is rather nice.)
4) The allergy drops have begun to work just a bit: pollen is high, but I am only slightly miserable rather than incapacitated.
5) I've been listening to older Pet Shop Boys and Massive Attack lately. (Link goes to "Safe from Harm," one of my favorite MA songs.)
6) Also Lyle Lovett. Because I am vast, I contain multitudes.
7) Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.
8) Good workouts the past two days.
9) "We're a succulent family now."
10) All the press in advance of The Night Manager, starting on BBC One tonight.
Cheers to all of you, and may there be things of joy to start your week!
|Date:||February 21st, 2016 09:58 pm (UTC)|| |
You've just reminded me that I have an unopened box of Thin Mints!
Hurrah! And I am impressed that you can actually HAVE an unopened box of Thin Mints, because I tend to inhale those suckers. :)
|Date:||February 21st, 2016 10:31 pm (UTC)|| |
|Date:||February 22nd, 2016 12:51 am (UTC)|| |
Oh yeah, Girl Scout cookie season is here. I am holding out until the family eats most of the TJ's cookies first, though.
Did you know that there are Quaker granola bars in Girl Scout cookie flavors? Kitty's in love with them. I'm not at all sure about Thin Mint granola bars, myself, but she keeps buying them and eating them.
Yay for relief from annoyances of any and all sorts.
I'd heard about the granola bars in Girl Scout cookie flavors, but I don't generally eat granola bars so I'm safe. :)
Cheers and hugs to you!
|Date:||February 22nd, 2016 11:16 am (UTC)|| |
Thin mints!! Open windows! Getting through the week! May the next week be better.
Happy week to you, L! Hugs hugs!
|Date:||February 22nd, 2016 03:46 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm glad to hear the allergy drops are starting to work, hopefully it gets better than just a bit.
Supposedly it'll take a year (!) for full effectiveness. We shall see. :)
Cheers and happy almost-the-weekend to you!
So glad the drops are helping!!!
You have the best taste in music, I think I need to go listen to Massive Attack and PSBs now. :)
There is this artisan ice-cream shop in Seattle that makes a flavor with thin mints worked in, just the perfect amount -- it is soo good.
Be careful of anything with Thin Mints, even artisanal ice cream, because I am *SURE* Thin Mints are made with crack. Nothing else can explain how quickly I ate the box full. :)
Cheers and hugs and MUSIC!