August 6th, 2016
|11:56 am - 8+6, Post #39|
On the 6th day of the 8th month....14 points.
1) I took a 26-hour vacation (including driving time) this week, which demonstrated to me that I need a much much LONGER vacation.
2) As in, I was sitting on my hotel balcony watching distant evening water, and I felt my shoulders relax, draining away tension I hadn't been consciously carrying.
3) My shoulders are tense again.
4) I had drinks at a very, very posh place. The wine was okay, the bread was extraordinary, and the ambiance lovely.
5) Master Danger is not so happy with my vacation, or with various plumbing disasters unrelated to the bathroom renovation (which were sorted out before the vacation).
6) I hope he will cheer up soon. Once renovation stuff is done, I'd actually like to invite people to my house.
7) I am still exhausted, by the way. So, so exhausted.
8) The last series of Inspector Lewis starts on Masterpiece tomorrow night.
9) My personal preference of Morse-related product: #1 is Endeavour, #2 Inspector Lewis, and #3 Inspector Morse himself. But I think I'll start revisiting O.G. Morse anyway.
10) Hoping for rain today.
11) We had a brief spell of minimal rain yesterday, but my little town is SO dry. Worst rainy season ever.
12) I am following national politics with some horror. I won't talk about it here, really, but #imwithher.
13) Let's think of more soothing things, like moonlight. Like this painting by Joseph Wright of Derby.
14) May magic and moonlight give you joy this weekend.
So sad for Master Danger, but very glad you got some joy and peace. Here's to lots more for you!
And joy and peace wished for you!
Happy Sunday. :)
I'm glad you got to have a (brief) vacation. I hope you can have a longer one soon!
Next proper vacation is probably... May 2017.
Cheers and hugs!
|Date:||August 7th, 2016 12:40 am (UTC)|| |
I'm so glad you took some time off to relax. [hugs]
Sending you all good thoughts for your own respite soon!
Thank you, Rainkatt!
Happy start of the week to you. :)
Drive by hugs, my friend. Together unto the breach, or however he actually says it.
I've been thinking about reading some Inspector Morse.
Yes & yes to #12
I think I would like to live in that painting.
I'll cross my fingers for you to have rest, completed renovations, rain that does some good, and a contented (as much as possible) dog.
I've never read any of the books, but you're right, it would probably be worthwhile!
Hugs hugs and ice cream for you, and an early autumn.
I agree with your Morse-related product rankings. We've been trying to watch the originals and it can be a hard slog sometimes :) Right now we're in the middle of all of the Midsomer Murders
Midsomer Murders can be so soothing. Which is odd, since it's about murders. :)
Cheers for your Tuesday!
New complications arose today. Ah well.
Hugs hugs, L!