?

Log in

No account? Create an account
True Facts - Laura Wise

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

October 15th, 2008


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:08 am - True Facts
Some True Facts for today, Wednesday, 15 October:

I have arrayed myself with 1 pair of silver earrings, 1 ring (my mother's, which I wear every day except on the days I wear her turquoise ring), 1 wristwatch, 1 Southwestern-stylee silver bracelet, and a pink silk scarf -- and in my head I can hear the ghost of Coco Chanel screaming, "Take one accessory off before you go outside!" FACT.

Coco Chanel's voice in my head does not have a French accent. FACT.

The Dog of the House is hovering because it is her morning at the office and I'm being v.v. slow about getting started and I might forget to take her OMG and there may be serious herding soon. FACT.

I sent out the fantasy-romance project on Saturday, and felt shaky for an hour afterward. FACT.

I am the only member of my immediate family who has not finished their Christmas shopping. FACT.

No one in the history of English literature can write curses like Ben Jonson. FACT.

I watched a bit of My Man Godfrey on TCM the other night and swooned at Wm Powell all over again. FACT.

I am addicted to lists, which is a trait I inherited from my mother. FACT.

I need to go to work, dammit. FACT.

Hugs to all, and what are your True Facts for today?

(35 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
[User Picture]
From:freixenet
Date:October 15th, 2008 01:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I applaud you for sending out the project! Yay!! ::pops bubbly::

I had a wholly unexpected mild fantasy during the Senate meeting the other night about one of the members of the Senate. ::hides face:: HORRIBLE FACT.

It's simply gorgeous weather, and I am longing to be out in it. WONDERFUL FACT.

The bikers should be here in droves. They are, alas, not. SAD FACT.

See you this afternoon, perhaps?





Edited at 2008-10-15 01:32 pm (UTC)
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
God, is it Biketober already??

Anyway, hi! Sorry I missed you at the office, but hi hi hi! (Tell me later about this fantasy. Heeee.)

[sends hugs]
[User Picture]
From:paratti
Date:October 15th, 2008 01:40 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Mm... this year's flu jab - painful?
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh NO, L. [sends hugs and treats to get you through the aches]
[User Picture]
From:tx_cronopio
Date:October 15th, 2008 01:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I am the only member of my immediate family who has not finished their Christmas shopping. FACT.

OK, this is just scary. Hooray for you resisting such fascistic holiday pressure!
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hee. It's not that I've resisted -- I just feel guilty for not proceeding in a timely manner! ;-)

[hugs and good thoughts]
[User Picture]
From:cindergal
Date:October 15th, 2008 02:28 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I am quite sure you are rocking the accessories. And congrats on sending out the project!

I have not even begun my Christmas shopping. Fact!
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The accessories have worked, and are now off because I've changed into my workout clothes. ;-)

Hugs for you, hugs for your autumn, and hugs for the beginning of Christmas shopping, whenever you start!
[User Picture]
From:winding_path
Date:October 15th, 2008 02:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Your family's holiday organization skills scare me. FACT.

I wore my new scarf with cat faces on it today, and it makes me happy. FACT.

It is hard to top William Powell, so I won't even try. FACT.

You are brave and wonderful for sending out the story and I wish you worlds of luck with it. FACT.

I am sending hugs to you and the dog of the house today. FACT.
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Cat-face scarf sounds cute! FACT.

[hugs hugs hugs to you] [and a Sonic Diet Coke with Lime]
[User Picture]
From:chase820
Date:October 15th, 2008 04:38 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Good luck with your project!

Every once in awhile, I get the weirdest urge to watch 42nd Street. There's just something about those very old movies . . .
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 06:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I find many B&W Hollywood films v.v. soothing to the eye and spirit. FACT. :-)

Hi hi, Chase, and while I'm here, yes, let's plan for early November! :-) Will email.
[User Picture]
From:ladyforash
Date:October 15th, 2008 05:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I don't even want to think about Christmas yet, let alone actually DO some shopping.

Actually, I'm sort of planning on going to Seattle in early December to visit a friend and I think I'll do my shopping there this year. That coule be fun!

:Pets your dog and hugs you:
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 07:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Heee! As you can see, my family members started shopping in August... I am terribly slow. ;-)

Hurrah for Seattle trips and friends! [hugs hugs]
[User Picture]
From:erinbow
Date:October 15th, 2008 05:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
>I am the only member of my immediate family who has not finished their Christmas shopping. FACT.

Your family are mutants. You have escaped the gene somehow; be grateful.

>No one in the history of English literature can write curses like Ben Jonson. FACT.

Have you considered that this might actually be a good thing? I mean, he's great and all, but do we need two of him?
[User Picture]
From:erinbow
Date:October 15th, 2008 05:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You know, I somehow missed the word curses, above.

FACT: I have a sinus infection and my brain is turning into snot.
[User Picture]
From:nutterbudgie
Date:October 15th, 2008 07:05 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I chime in with congrats, late but still sincere. FACT.

[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 15th, 2008 07:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thank you! [beams] I'm sure I'll be getting my rejection letter in a few months, but at least I'm sending it out...

Hugs to you, and a happy day-after-your-election!
[User Picture]
From:gwynnega
Date:October 15th, 2008 07:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That's great you sent out the project! Yay!!

::hugs::
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 12:52 am (UTC)
(Link)
We persevere, Gwynne! :-))

[hugs a bunch] Happy almost-Thursday!
[User Picture]
From:headrush100
Date:October 15th, 2008 08:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You cannot spend an hour with a bunch of nine year old boys without them saying something that will crack you up. FACT. [After I read Neil Gaiman's The Wolves in the Walls to the Boys Into Books, and asked them what they thought lived behind their walls]: "I think the ghost of Queen Mary haunts my house. That's why I keep a tennis racket in my room."

What do you say to that? You just laugh. FACT.

*hugs* and *pats* FACT.
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 12:52 am (UTC)
(Link)
A, I love your FACTS! Which is, um, a FACT.

:-))

[hugs a million]
[User Picture]
From:heron_pose
Date:October 16th, 2008 01:08 am (UTC)
(Link)
Perhaps you channel la Hepburn's performance as Coco in that disasterous (I believe) play and thus, no accent.

Your facts are better than most people's fiction. FACT.

Hooray for sending out the project, and also for your healthy Christmas-shopping pace. I mean, *really*.

::hugs::
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 10:30 am (UTC)
(Link)
I will take your charitable interpretation of my Chanel voice, thank you, H_P. :-))

Hugs hugs hugs and a safe journey to you! Think of cool facts on the plane! :-)

[sends early birthday wishes]
[User Picture]
From:wildrider
Date:October 16th, 2008 03:49 am (UTC)
(Link)
FACT: I have not sent out my "project" in months, since the last rejection coupled with Very Bad Comments from contest. FACT: Have at least recovered enough to fix the problems said comments pointed out.

FACT: Have been in a tizzy all day, left a great deal of work when I left the office, and DON'T CARE. Really.

FACT: Will be leaving bright and early for California!

Cuddles to the DotH and to you! {HUG!}

[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 10:31 am (UTC)
(Link)
First and last -- HURRAH! HURRAH for you and Barb!

I am sending support and hugs and all the congratulations in the world to you both. :-)))

[throws confetti and opens the champagne]
[User Picture]
From:pinkdormouse
Date:October 16th, 2008 05:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
I've hardly started my Yule Shopping (just the cards so far).

Go you on sending out the project.
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 10:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
Cards! Ack! [makes note on list]

Hugs hugs on this Thursday, and may your day be a wonderful one. :-)
[User Picture]
From:stateless82
Date:October 16th, 2008 06:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
The only voice I hear in regard to my appearance is my mother saying "If anyone looks that close at you, hit them" FACT. (I expect that explains a lot)

I am not a plant person. I have one and I keep looking at it wondering why it's still alive. FACT.

William Powell=swoon. FACT

I'm starting to look forward to watching Pushing Daisies each week. FACT.

I need to go to bed, dammit. FACT.

hugs!
[User Picture]
From:laurawise
Date:October 16th, 2008 10:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
Susan! [hugs]

I love your mother's statement of policy re appearance. :-) And I share the FACT that my skills at nurturing plants are, um, non-existent: I am possibly the only person in the world who could kill a Dieffenbachia. Also, I should try Pushing Daisies...

Hugs hugs hugs!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com