May 25th, 2012
|12:32 pm - 25 Things on May 25|
1. It's too hot already.
2. No good can come of this.
3. But if it weren't so hot, I'd be admiring style like this from the Street Style Aesthetic blog.
4. Digging those shoes. Couldn't wear them, but dig them.
5. Still haven't seen The Avengers film, and am not hugely interested....
6. Except apparently Tom Hiddleston aka Loki is playing Hal in a new BBC production of Henry IV Part One? Cool!
7. We will ignore the casting of Falstaff. We will ignore Falstaff altogether.
8. Am currently listening to dance-pop music for no good reason.
9. Let us move on, then.
10. Writing away, but am distracted by research questions.
11. For ex: "My hero is going to be taking a bit of a run Before Things Happen. What would his attire be?"
12. Although he's a bit of a dandy, he's not going to run in a bespoke suit, you see.
13. I probably should run tomorrow morning. At dawn.
14. I'll be dressed in a slovenly manner, curated concert t-shirt etc.
15. Miss Blonde Dog will not be running.
16. The very idea, what.
17. She is still very cross with me for a brief holiday away from her.
18. This means that after she goes outside for her necessary tasks, she stands on the hot concrete until I pick her up and carry her inside.
19. I live to serve.
20. Note to self: you are a sap.
21. Note to self: stop negative-talking to yourself. Wait, is that in itself negative-talking?
22. Let's think about the Pleiades instead.
23. Reach for the stars, and all that.
24. Reach for the Diet Coke.
25. Tired from all that reaching, I send the best of weekend thoughts your way.
|Date:||May 25th, 2012 06:05 pm (UTC)|| |
A happy weekend to you, too.
Mine will be all family all the time, but I'm really hoping to get back to the UFO at some point. 11° seed beads, blanket stitch, etc etc etc...
Good thoughts for the art, and good thoughts for the family weekend too. Cheers and hugs to you!
Shares strong breeze to leaven the heat.
Alas, it's so hot that even breezes don't help! [mourns the onset of summer]
[sends hugs and cheers your way]
:hugs: a delightful list!
Sending wine, hugs, and thoughts of better days your way, F! I'll be around if you want lunch or similar....And after next week, I'll even be up to venturing into your part of the county.
You too! Enjoy, enjoy. :-)
I played Owen Glendower in Henry the 4th, Part One back in high school (our drama department was roughly 5-1 female, so don't ask me why our teacher decided to do this particular play -- it generally ended up nearly all the Hotspur side were girls and the Hal side were boys...).
All the Welsh parts were, sadly, cut. :)
Indeed, reach for the Diet Coke!
You can call spirits from the vasty deep! [admires]
Cheers and Diet Coke and a good weekend, K. :-)
And a lovely weekend to you, L!
[hugs and good thoughts]
|Date:||May 26th, 2012 02:27 pm (UTC)|| |
Wishing you the bestest of weekends full of good books, breakthrough research, more attitude with laughs from Miss Blonde One, and frosty glasses of iced tea.
A fabulous weekend to you, L, with all good things. :-)
[shares iced tea]
Your list makes me ridiculously happy.
The shoes are extremely cool. I would fall off them within the first three steps.
Have a glorious weekend!
Yay for happy-making things and shoes we can admire from a distance. ;-)
Cheers cheers, S! [hugs]
Catching up backwards as always after a long Friday of technical wibbling over Amazon's sudden decision to completely redesign their upload template with v. little warning indeed.
Your list is pleasant but more ambitious than I could manage for myself, so go you!
hugs and a happy weekend!
I hate those kind of redesigns. [sends sympathies]
Cheers, ALH, and a happy weekend (and happy Ashland trip, too!). :-)