November 12th, 2012
|01:13 pm - Catching Up in the Month of Thankfulness|
Currently I am struggling for equanimity, largely because I can't see particularly well. (It is a sad saga of scratched and warping lenses necessitating my main pair of glasses be sent back to the lab wot made them; I now apparently will endure seven days or so with only prescription sunglasses for distance, prescription reading glasses for close-up, and a backup pair which was two prescriptions ago and is at the moment headache-inducing. La la, I am blind.)
Because of these travails, I need to redirect my whingeing thoughts. Let's play the gratitude game, as seen on Facebook -- I'll catch up the twelve days of this month as follows.
1) I'm grateful for consumer protections like warranties, even if I'll be struggling for the next week.
2) I'm grateful for apples, tart or sweet, slathered in peanut butter or left free, sliced, diced, and delightsome.
3) I'm grateful for neologisms like 'delightsome.'
4) I'm grateful for the Oxford English Dictionary which tells me if something's a neologism.
5) I'm grateful for boots.
6) I'm grateful for a surprise rain shower at bedtime, the rattle of water down a spout, the sweet slow fall of drops down a black pane.
7) I'm grateful for Skyfall.
8) I'm grateful for Captain Vorpatril's Alliance and its de-stressing qualities.
9) I'm grateful for blue skies, blue water, blue eyes.
10) I'm grateful that Bing Crosby's slightly downtempo rendition of "Blue Skies" is on Youtube.
11) I'm grateful I can (usually) overlook an artist's private derelictions and concentrate on the good work.
12) I'm grateful that I'm at the end of this list.
Cheers to all, and may you find more than twelve things to be thankful for!
|Date:||November 12th, 2012 06:32 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm grateful for you:)
And I for you! [beams]
|Date:||November 12th, 2012 07:44 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm thankful for the Internet, which has given me friends all over the world, including and especially you.
Hurrah for the Internet and you, A! Hugs and a wonderful start to your week, too.
|Date:||November 12th, 2012 11:52 pm (UTC)|| |
) Today I am grateful for my comfortable green suede ankle boots.
Also, I am grateful for all the great vet returns to General Hospital...
Green suede ankle boots would be worth ALL 12 gratitude bullet-points. :)
And I will likely turn back in when Lucy returns! (but where is DOC....)
I have never had a apple with peanut butter.
((hugs)) for glasses troubles.
An apple with peanut butter is good for what ails a person! (Um, unless the person is allergic to peanuts...)
Cheers and hugs for you, S!
Oh, and Mallomars are definitely something to be grateful for.
[sends you virtual Mallomars]
I'm grateful that you exist. And for dark chocolate. Organic, free-trade 70% dark chocolate with sea-salt and almonds. ((Hugs))
Mmmmm, dark chocolate. :)
Cheers, hugs, and thanks, Nell -- I'm grateful for you, too!
Thanks, L, and more thanks and hugs sent your way.
|Date:||November 13th, 2012 08:47 pm (UTC)|| |
Fantastic list of things to be grateful for :) I got a box from Fortnum and Mason today, so I'm grateful for that...except it's supposed to be a Christmas surprise, don't think I can wait that long.
A Fortnum's box is worth celebrating! Woohoo! (Even if you have to wait til Christmas.)
Cheers, T, and a wonderful middle of the week!
I'm so grateful for your lovely posts ... and so sorry I'm so derelict in my duties. I coulda sworn you just posted this day before yesterday, or summat. Sigh.
Heron Pose! [hugs a million] I was just thinking about you!
May you have a wonderful, restful Thanksgiving week! [more hugs]