October 26th, 2013
|02:16 pm - Ten Things (Tenth Month)|
1. Master Danger just fell asleep with his eyes open. (There were puppy-dreaming signs: the flutter of his eyelids, the twitch of his nose, the soft unconscious vocalizing.)
2. Poor baby is tired, because he had his proper walk this morning and then a trip to the Small Town Downtown and a walk in unfamiliar territory which was VERY EXCITING but also weary-making.
3. On our half-mile jaunt we went to the bakery (where you can walk up to a window and order), and I got my first dessert in a month. Chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing.
4. Guess what! I've lost my taste for really really sugary things!
5. (The cupcake was tasty, just... too much. Much much too much.)
6. I am also about to fall asleep with my eyes open. What a week, what a week. And the week ahead? [shudder]
7. At least the weather is delicious.
8. And I worked out this morning to the Pet Shop Boys.
9. I have already run out of topics to write about. This post-every-day-for-two-months is exhausting.
10. But five more days! Yes! I shall make it!
May your Saturday be full of the best things.
I always find the bakery cupcakes to be way too sweet and not enough cake to the icing. Might be getting old :)
I wonder if it's our taste or if the cupcakes are in fact more sugary! In any event, it's just as well. ;)
Cheers and hugs,T!
|Date:||October 26th, 2013 09:36 pm (UTC)|| |
I find these days that really sugary things look much better than they taste. Or possibly it's the guilt I feel on eating them that makes them taste less good than I imagine they will. Imaginary eating is definitely better for me!
Have a lovely Saturday yourself :)
I find these days that really sugary things look much better than they taste. That's exactly right. [nods emphatically]
Imaginary eating and very real good thoughts and hugs, K! :))
I like cupcakes more in theory than in practice...too sugary for me!
I have learned that lesson too, clearly. :)
Hugs and a great evening!
|Date:||October 27th, 2013 12:59 am (UTC)|| |
Peanut butter icing does sound rather cloying - I find cupcake icings in general to be too much of a good thing.
Sounds like you did a lot today; I hope you can relax this evening.
The icing was indeed sweet, but the chocolate cake was much too... much. :)
Cheers and hugs, A! Hope there is relaxation for you this Sunday.
Happy happy Sunday, L! :)
Your perseverance on this daily thing is really astonishing. I would have bailed long ago--you are stalwart and resolute! (And how are you finding stuff to write? Amazing.)
Aww, puppy dreaming. So sweet.
I am NOT finding stuff to write about, that's the tragedy! ;)
Cheers, F, and a lovely Sunday.
I went without sugar for months without losing my taste for it. I'm hopeless. ;) I mean, I have been known to eat frosting shots. Frosting is the best part of the cupcake for me. I'm actually back to full-out processed sugar elimination now for a while, to see if it will help my feet. I find that it makes it easier to go without sugar ... But I doubt I will ever lose my taste for it.
The Pet Shop Boys are great to work out to. I hope next week is better. ((Hugs))
I still love my peanut butter cookies and my McVities digestives -- but even there I can't eat them like I used to.
Hugs and good thoughts for your sugar elimination, and for you feeling better!